Lead & Influence from Anywhere in Your Organization
Location: Westborough DoubleTree Hotel
Time: 5:30pm - 8:00pm
PDUs: 1.25 Leadership; .25 Technical
Sponsored by Project Summit BA World
Very few of us will be CEO, but that doesn't mean we don't lead. Traditionally, leadership meant a high-ranking position and the authority that went with it. Today's organizations don’t work with the outdated "command and control" model; we each need to act like leaders, whatever our role. Project Managers face particular challenges because they are seen as a "pair of hands" and not a "strategic partner" all too often. Understanding this new, modern model of leadership and influence is essential for PMs.
Participants will learn:
- The difference between managing and leading
- Whether leaders are born or made
- The 5 most common excuses that keep us from leading
- 3 simple strategies to improve one's leadership abilities
- What influence really is and how to have more influence in your organization
- 4 ways a Project Manager can shift from "pair of hands" to "strategic partner."