Sponsored by Bridge Technical Talent
Surprise! The US Military Gets Creative & Agile
Location: Westborough DoubleTree Hotel
Time: 6:00pm - 8:10pm
PDUs: 1 Technical; .5 Leadership
From “Pitch Days” to Agile, the United States military is embracing modern methods to uncover new technology and manage a wide variety of programs.
In New York City, on March 6-7, 2019, the United States Air Force (USAF) awarded 51 initial phase one contracts, immediately delivering $3.5 million with the swipe of a government credit card, with another $5.25 million to be delivered later! And once the contracts are awarded, the US military is using the latest program management concepts to ensure these efforts are completed as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
In this session we will:
- Provide examples of the US Air Force’s latest acquisition strategy.
- Highlight the several wins that this strategy has delivered.
- Outline the various organizations that businesses may directly interact with to start a relationship with the US government.
- Discuss how the US military is using the latest project management techniques championed by PMI to ensure the greatest level of program success.
- Review the challenges of an agile government organization vs. traditional government processes.
About Our Sponsor: For 17 years Bridge Technical Talent has partnered with organizations to solve information technology challenges by providing experienced consultants. Technology has an undeniable impact on business’s efficiency, growth, and profitability and it’s our objective to ensure our clients stay ahead by providing the most qualified tech-minds that deliver projects on time, on budget, and at top quality. As a local organization we focus on building relationships. This collaboration allows us to quickly match the right skillset to the right opportunity, the first time around. With a breadth of experience in various industries and with even the most niche technologies at Bridge Technical Talent we provide business solutions through people. http://www.bridge-talent.com/