Topic: Networking and Personal Branding: Stand Out in the Crowd!
Location: Westborough DoubleTree Hotel
Time: 5:30pm - 8:00pm
Our May meeting will be a special networking and career event. The evening will begin with a presentation by Patrick O’Connor on personal branding in today’s professional environment, followed by interactive activities geared towards polishing networking skills.
Why personal branding? According to the latest metrics, LinkedIn has over 400 million members in over 200 countries and territories. Add the membership of Facebook, Twitter, etc. and there are well over 2 billion social accounts out there! How is anyone going to find you? You have to be creative and do more today to get noticed!
In this session we will:
- Define Personal Branding and its importance in today's world
- Outline the reasons for branding: career enhancement vs. life passions
- Good news - your brand doesn’t have to be work focused!
- Learn how to begin branding yourself
- Review Social media, blogs & personal domains
- Learn how to maintain your brand and keep its influence growing
Get ready to network!
- Think about what you want to achieve. Is your goal to reestablish and nurture previous connections, make new ones, or a little of both?
- Craft an appealing 20-30 second “elevator pitch,” focusing on past and current experiences.
- Be ready with an interesting 20-30 second description of future goals and areas of interest.
- Bring your business cards. Print your own if you do not want to be contacted at work or are not currently working.
- Bring copies of your resume.