The PMI Central Mass Mentoring Program!
The application period for the 2021-22 Mentoring Program runs August 3rd - Friday, September 10th, 2021.
The Power of Mentoring
It’s no secret: professional mentorships provide powerful growth and enrichment opportunities that are now essential to success in our post-pandemic world. As organizations across the globe are forced to redefine strategy and transform their business models in response to radically changed economic and societal demands, strong project leadership talent has become more valuable than ever before. So what?!
Project professionals – regardless of years of experience, industry background, or methodology of choice – need to be able to quickly pivot and successfully lead change through the application of continually-evolving business, technical, and leadership skills.
Mentoring relationships can:
- Support professional development for Mentors and Mentees in an engaging and personalized way
- Enhance job performance and improve promotability and marketability
- Expand our social connectivity within the project management network
- Expose us to new perspectives and techniques within the project management technical, strategic, and leadership domains
PMI CMASS Mentoring Program
The PMI Central Mass Mentoring Program is a structured, 6-month program bringing together mentees and chapter member mentors in mentoring partnerships to meet the professional development goals of the mentee. Through a series of 1:1 mentoring sessions and full program discussions, both mentors and mentees can leverage rich opportunities to expand their knowledge of and insights into project management topics from diverse perspectives while enhancing their skills where desired. The learning and enrichment occur both ways!
- Submit our Application Form (LINK)
- Commit to the program, which means:
- Complete kick-off meeting pre-work
- Attend three (3) full program meetings (see Key Program Dates below)
- Attend 12 1:1 mentoring sessions with their mentoring partner (up to 60 minutes/1 PDU per session, schedule & location TBD by each pair)
PMI-certified credential-holders may earn up to 20 PDUs upon successful completion of the Mentoring Program. Now that’s a great value!
- $90 for mentees (yup, that is it!)
- FREE for mentors
Key Program Dates:
Friday, September 3, 2021
Kick-Off Meeting (2hrs, up to 2 PDUs)
October 6/7*, 2021
|Optional Mentor Panel (1hr, up to 1 PDU)||
December 8/9*, 2022
Midpoint Meeting (2hrs, up to 2 PDUs)
January 19/20*, 2022
|Optional Mentor Panel (1hr, up to 1 PDU)||
February 16/17*, 2022
Wrap-Up Meeting (2hrs, up to 2 PDUs)
March 23/24*, 2022
*Meeting dates will be finalized upon registration close and will be updated by September 14th. Approved participants will also be notified by email of the program schedule.
Due to the ongoing pandemic and to enhance the program convenience for all participants, the above full program meetings will be conducted virtually.
- Check out our Program FAQ here (FAQ LINK)
“My take on the whole program is definitely very positive. For me the most important thing that I learnt was, ways to deal with a situation at work when I had a strong negative feeling about something, my mentor helped me open my mind to deal with situations differently.”
“I pursued the opportunity to join the PMI CMass pilot mentoring program while studying for my PMP Certification Exam. One of the best features of the program for me was having the ability to design discussion topics around the areas that were particularly meaningful towards my personal growth.
My mentor not only helped me strengthen my fundamental knowledge in the PMBOK, but also helped me find practical ways of applying those concepts to real-world experiences I’ve encountered. Not only do I feel that what I’ve learned in my one-on-ones has helped in my professional growth, but I’m certain that many of the topics my mentor and I discussed have directly helped me in reaching my certification goal. I highly recommend this program to any new PMs entering the field.”
“I felt the mentoring program produced mentor/mentee partnerships that created a dynamic and exciting vision for my career growth. Understanding through this program that I am not alone in the challenges I face had a calming influence on important career decisions. The Networking opportunities alone are worth the Chapter registration fee. I am now a firm believer in Mentoring and passing on my experience and knowledge.”
“The PMI CMASS Chapter Pilot Mentor Program was truly a best in class. The Kickoﬀ, Midpoint and Wrap-up sessions were fun, informative, and truly well run. The speakers and training components beneﬁted both the mentors and mentees. As a mentor, it was a wonderful experience to share the business acumen and project management framework with our mentees. I was humbled by the opportunity to share what I have learned over the years to help an emerging Project Manager.”
“The PMI world is rich with information, books, journals, articles and online resources. The PMI mentoring program is a great complement to all of these, because it is the best way to get one-on-one shared experience that is not available anywhere. It is rich and fulfilling journey.”
By proceeding with application, you agree to the following:
- Any information exchanged as part of the Mentoring Program is confidential and must not be disclosed to a third party without the express permission of the participant(s) involved.
- The role of the mentor is limited to providing opinions, advice and suggestions.
- Mentees must carefully consider all information given by a mentor before making any personal, professional or career decisions.
- Mentors are responsible for ensuring that any pointers and/or suggestions given as part of the Mentoring Program are, to the best of their knowledge, appropriate and morally and ethically acceptable.
- Remember that mentors are volunteers and not experts or private consultants.
- Mentors, PMI CMass and PMI Global are not responsible for any professional, personal or other decisions resulting from the mentoring relationship.
- Mentors provide information and/or advice strictly based on their own experience and perspectives. Mentors make no decisions on behalf of mentees.
- PMI Global, PMI CMass and mentors are in no way liable for any decisions whatsoever made by mentees.
By joining the Mentoring Program, participants acknowledge that PMI Global and PMI CMass, as well as other participants, are in no way responsible for any suggestions or advice given as part of the Mentoring Program.
Respect and professional behavior are important to the mentoring relationship. PMI CMass reserves the right to remove any members whose behavior is cause for complaint by any party. No refunds will be issued.