Social Media Project Manager (PM) Job Description
The Social Media PM uses a variety of social media outlets to communicate upcoming events in alignment with PMI Central Mass Chapter’s goals and bylaws.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Post various types of chapter communications which includes, but not limited to:
- Chapter meetings
- Professional Development events
- Mentoring Program announcements
- Trainings (e.g., PMP Exam Prep, ACP Exam Prep)
- Election Nominations
- Support board activities and programs that provide value to our members, education providers, partners, and sponsors, as well as compel them to engage with us
- Collaborates with other BOD members to achieve the communication goals
- Increase engagement across email, LinkedIn, and website, with a focus on current and prospective members, speakers, sponsors and corporate partners
- Promote PMI Central Mass through actions and communications consistent with the brand of PMI Global
- Support overall communications calendar to ensure that initiatives across the chapter are effectively promoted in timely manner on all social media platforms and on our website.
- Report out on plans and results as requested by board, and at least quarterly
- Manage LinkedIn company account and LinkedIn Group membership approvals.
- Facilitate engagement and promote chapter activities on the LinkedIn.
- Attend Board meetings as an active participant to gain program knowledge and influence program offerings.
- Current chapter member in good standing
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative
- Able to report status against the plan, regularly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong relationship management skills
- Keen attention to detail as well as solid project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with subject matter experts
Est. Hrs/Month = 10 - 15 hours/month